Policies & Procedures
Lena Martin Room
Contact: Carol Wright, Assistant Director, 256.549.4699, ext. 107, email@example.com
Rental Policies (renting party must meet all criteria):
- Must be a nonprofit, 501(c)3 organization. Proof of status must be shown before date may be reserved.
- Proposed meeting/program must be open to the general public.
- Date must be free and available according to scheduled GPL programming.
- Rental reservation must be made at least two weeks before the date of the meeting/program.
- Meeting/program must be held during normal library hours.
- A $50.00 per hour rental fee with a two-hour minimum must be paid in-full at time of reservation. Cancellations must be made within 48 hours of the start time of the meeting/program. Fees are refundable in the event of a cancellation, but ONLY if the cancellation is made within 48 hours of the start time of the meeting/program.
Room Arrangement Procedures:
- Tables and chairs will be provided in a general lecture-style arrangement. The Gadsden Public Library will not provide special room set-up or arrangements. Renting party is responsible for putting away any additional chairs and tables which may be used.
- Renting party is responsible for the clean-up and orderly restoration of tables, chairs and equipment, and should allow time needed for this in their reservations.
- Trash must be removed to the GPL trash receptacles, which are located behind the building, on 7th Street.
- Projection and/or sound equipment must be provided by renting party. The Gadsden Public Library does not provide projection and/or sound equipment as part of the Lena Martin Room rental.
- Any equipment or displays brought in for meeting/program must be removed at the end of the meeting. The GPL is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Damages to premises or furnishings as a result of meeting room use will be charged to the group renting the facility. Fees for excessive cleanup may also be charged. Renting party and its members, jointly and severally, will assume and bear full responsibility for the loss of, or injury, or damage to, any property of the Gadsden Public Library caused or inflicted by the organization, its members, affiliated persons, guests, or invitees.
Failure to comply with Rental Policy and Arrangement Procedures for the Lena Martin Room may result in denial of future use of the Lena Martin Room, financial liability for damages, and/or immediate removal from the meeting rooms.